Instructions are attached to the word document below.
There are a total of 5 articles to read for this essay. Read it ALL.
Read the story in the links attached below and write a ( minimum of 4 full pages, 12 font, double spaced, MLA style) explaining the below questions:
· I want you to delve deeper inside the story. What lesson, moral, or universal truth is the author leading readers to?
· What are the authors saying about society or human nature?
· What’s striking about the style the author is writing in?
· What’s more important in a particular story — plot, setting, or character development, for example?
· What’s the story’s main theme?
· Read “between the lines” and interpret what you think the story really means, or what philosophical ideas or universal truths the author is using the story to discuss.
– Critique the genre of the entire story of all the articles
CHAPTER THREE: AMERICANA
“A Good Man is Hard to Find,” by Flannery O’Connor. http://www.mrdoige.com/documents/oconnor_aGoodManIsHardToFind.pdf
“A Summer Tragedy,” by Arna Bontempts. http://jfannon.weebly.com/uploads/5/1/4/1/5141329/a_summer_tragedy.pdf
“Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge” by Ambrose Bierce.
“Battle Royale”, by Ralph Ellison. https://learning.hccs.edu/faculty/selena.anderson/engl2307/readings/battle-royale-by-ralph-ellison