Write a critical comparative essay based on the following texts:
1. 1984 by George Orwell
2. The Parable of the Talents by Octavia Butler
3. the films Children of Men
4. the film V for Vendetta.
Prompt: Each text offers a dystopic view of the near future. Compare and contrast the dystopic elements of the society described in each text and the elements in our current society (particularly regarding surveillance and the persecution of Muslims, immigrants, LGBTQ, etc.) Essay should be 750-1000 words in length.
1. Cite The Parable of the Talents (twice)
2. Cite 1984 (twice)
3. Cite V forVendetta (twice)
4. Cite Children of Men (twice)
Opening paragraph (description of current society)