Communicating smoking cessation information to people whose first language is not English’
The written assignment – 1150 words
The assignment topic for this module is ‘Communicating smoking cessation information to people whose first language is not English’.
For this assessment you must discuss the above aspect of communication which is important to the organisation or delivery of healthcare. Through a review of the literature, discuss potential problems (difficulties) and how these may be overcome.
YOU MUST FOCUS ON THE BARRIERS TO COMMUNICATION OF THE ABOVE TOPIC (FOCUS ON THE DIFFICULTIES)
YOU MUST NOT FOCUS UPON INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION IN THIS ESSAY
A suggested structure for your essay:
· Introduce the focus of the assignment
· Define the terminology used
· Set out the structure of your work
· Identify the key themes and discuss each one in turn
· The themes should consider:
· what the focus is
· why the selected focus is important
· what potential problems may relate to the focus
· how the potential problems may be overcome
· Draw conclusions based on the information provided within your essay.
· Reference list
You will find it easier to complete the essay if you have a clearly defined focus. Start from the point of a general idea of what you would like to cover and then do some reading around the subject. Following this narrow down your focus to a particular area. It will improve your grade if you focus upon a narrow area and look at it in depth, rather than looking at a broad subject at a superficial level.