BUILDING WORKPLACE RELATIONSHIPSAssignment Overview
In this assignment you are an applicant who has been asked the following question during a job interview for a supervisory/management position:
Tell me about a time you had to deal with a conflict and discuss its outcome.
In your video, describe what led to your involvement in the conflict, what actions you took to resolve the situation, the results of your actions, and what you will do differently when faced with the same situation in the future.
After watching and reflecting upon the video below, prepare your response following the principles learned in this video.
- Prepare a 5- to 6-minute video of you responding to that question.
- Also prepare a 2- to 3-page outline of how you addressed the ideas found in the video. Include a Reference list of at least two sources you utilized to prepare your submission. At least one of these references must be a high-quality (peer-reviewed academic journal) reference found in the Trident Online Library.
Upload your video to the drop box by the Module due date.
Note: If you have difficulty uploading your submission, it could be because the internet connection is too slow and because of the size of your video, and the upload may time out.
However, these files can be uploaded to YouTube and the link shared. Set as public or unlisted, NOT PRIVATE. Unlisted means your video/slide presentation will not come up in search results. Only those who know the link can view it, even if they do not have a YouTube account/username.
Important: Put the link to your video in a Word document and submit your Word document along with your outline document in the drop box.
AccelaCoach. (2017). How to answer: interview questions on resolving conflict [Video]. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqssla8dazc Standard YouTube License.
Case Assignment Expectations
Your submission will be assessed on the criteria found in the grading rubric for this assignment:
- Meets assignment requirements
- Critical thinking
- Writing and assignment organization
- Use of sources and mechanics.
- Timeliness of assignment